Easter is a fantastic time to spend with family. This season, enjoy family and a delicious ham recipe that is sure to knock their socks off.
Slow Cooker Holiday Ham
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 fully-cooked ham, approx. 7 - 8 pounds
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Remove ham from packaging, discarding any flavoring packet.
- Pour pineapple juice in bottom of a large, oval slow cooker. TIP: use a slow-cooker liner for easy clean-up.
- Mix brown sugar, Dijon mustard, vinegar and honey in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture all over ham and place, flat side down, in slow cooker.
- Cover with lid and set temperature to low. Cook ham 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender and internal temperature reaches 140°F. Ham can be flipped and basted halfway through cooking time and again about an hour before ham is done.
- When done, remove ham to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm. Skim fat and drain juices from the slow cooker into a large sauce pan and place on stove over medium heat.
- Stir cornstarch into water to make a slurry. Slowly pour slurry into pot of ham juices. Allow mixture to bubble and thicken, stirring occasionally. If you want a thicker sauce, mix more cornstarch and water and slowly stir into sauce.
- Serve warm, with sauce on the side or drizzled on top. *Any type of fully cooked ham can be used. Bone-in, boneless, whole or spiral cut, cured, uncured, smoked or not. You can also use a smaller ham. Simply adjust the cooking time. For example, a 3-pound ham will probably be done in 2 to 3 hours. Don’t overcook or the ham will dry out. You may also want to halve the other ingredients if the ham is 4 pounds or less.
Janet says, "Cutco knives are perfect for slicing your bone-in ham". Visit her at Shipshewana Flea Market each Tuesday and Wednesday, from May through September.
Plan your trip to Shipshewana Flea Market by downloading your FREE Flea Market Trip Planner.