Do you love shopping for unique, handmade items? Then you need to take the new Shipshewana Flea Market Handmade Trail challenge!
Available exclusively on the Shipshewana Trading Place Mobile App, the Handmade Trail features flea market vendor booths with a variety of crafts, upcycled and hand-crafted products.
Visitors can visit and "check-in" to the booths on the mobile app. Once you've checked into at least 10 handmade booths, you will earn a free wooden paintbrush pen from the Shipshewana Flea Market office!
How It Works
Shop the Shipshewana Flea Market on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, May through September, or visit during one of our special holiday or weekend markets.
- Download the free Shipshewana Trading Place Mobile App by searching for "Shipshewana" in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app, and tap "Flea Market" then "Handmade Trail."
- Create an account with your email address and a password.
- Tap "Start the Handmade Trail." Here you will see a listing of all of the handmade vendor booths (in booth number order, starting in row 1.)
- Visit each booth and check-in by tapping "check-in" within each vendor's listing. The vendor will have a passcode word to give you. (The code word should also be posted on a sign within the booth).
- Once you've checked into at least 10 booths, show your app at the Flea Market Office (main entrance, by gate 1) to claim your free wooden paintbrush pen!
Handmade Trail Booths
Here are the participating booths for this year's handmade trail! Visit each of them and ask for a unique passcode so you can "check-in!"
1. Country Shadows — Booth 140
Hanging Chalkboards, Wall Decor, Welcome Plaques, Door Signs, Animal and Whimsical Chalkboards.
2. Handmade by Carol — Booth 156
18" Doll Clothes
3. Jo's Crafts — Booth 157
Rag Rugs, Goose Clothes, Wood Crafts, Handmade Benches, Flags, Sleds, Toy Tractors.
4. Tracy's Designs 1 — Booth 237
Handmade 18" Doll Clothes & Accessories, Crocheted Hats for All Sizes, Deco Mesh Wreaths
5. Casting Green — Booth 296
Solar Fountains, Colorful Bird Baths handmade from Leaves, Garden Decor
7. Tuelker's Treasures — Booth 374
Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings, Handpainted Items, Wood Signs, Glass Blocks, Crocks
8. C&H Wood Products — Booth 399
Hand Painted & Personalized Yard, Beach, Pool, and Camping Signs, Steam Punk Lighting, Wall Art, Unique Floral and Furniture, Old Windows, Corian Cutting Boards
9. Eve's Leaves — Booth 439
Florals, Wall Baskets, Table Top Containers, Basket Arrangements
10. Country Weaving — Booth 458
Hand-woven Rugs, Runners, Coasters, Antiques, Primitives, Vintage and Collectibles
11. DNL Woodworks — Booth 467-470
Handmade Pine Furniture (hutches, pie safes, pantries, dressers, headboards, hall trees, shelves, benches, etc.)
12. The Purple Porch — Booth 493
Hand-sewn Bags made from Rugs, Handmade Pottery, Gourmet Granola Bars, Gourmet Trail Mix, Cheesecakes, Wooden Cutting Boards, Coasters, Painted Furniture
13. Uniquely Crafted — Booth 495
Handcrafted Wooden Signs, Indoor / Outdoor Wooden Decorations
14. York Mercantile — Booth 569-570
Pine Furniture, Framed Prints, Sports Banners
15. Norm the Artist — Booth 591
Hand-painted Old Windows, Saws and Miscellaneous Items
16. Taproot Tees — Booth 606
Hand-painted T-shirts, Tank Tops and Sweatshirts with Groovy Designs
14. Oil of Gladness Decor — Booth 619-620
Engraved Signs, Painted Sings, Tins, Rugs, Potpourri, Crossroads Candles
15. The Vintage Arrow — Booth 621
Repurposed Furniture and Crafts, Vintage Home Decor, Antiques & Collectibles
16. Hundt No More — Booth 630 / 662
Farmhouse, Shabby Chic Tables & Home Decor, Antiques
17. George the Sign Painter — Booth 644
Hand-Lettered Signs, Party Signs, Custom Signs, Folk Art
18. Grandma Bessie's Custom Threadz — Booth 711-712
Handmade, Embroidered Towels, Hats, Kids' Purses, Aprons, T-Shirts, Pot Holders, Stuffed Animals, Totes and More. Personalized!
19. OATH Handcrafts — Booth 778
Crafts, Decor, Seasonal Items
20. Tammie's Unique Gifts — Booth 790
Handcrafted Therapeutic Magnetic Jewelry with Semi-Precious Stones
21. Sewing Sweet Stitches — Booth 1008
Handmade Baby Items, Tote Bags, Kids Items, Bowl Holders, Tree Art Welcome Signs
22. Uneek Artworks — Booth 413
All-natural lip balm, lip scrub, bath salts, body butter, beeswax candles and more!
23. York Mercantile — Booth 569-570
Pine Furniture, Framed Prints, Sports Banners
The new Handmade Trail is available all season long in 2019. The Shipshewana Flea Market is open every Tuesday and Wednesday, May through September from 8am-4pm, plus these special dates and hours.